Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Ice haven

A lot of these comic are very hard to place. even within the confines of contempary literature. they are weird, very deep thinking, strangely written and explorative with their construction. some of the comics are throw backs, calling back to different styles and story practices that are decades removed from the times they were written.

 

Eightball is another comic that seeks to be anything but escapist entertainment. the narrative is disjointed by not be accident. the style is constructively appauling with a style thats nostalgic but also very much so made for a new age. not making fun of a certain style in particular more so calling attention to themes and practices within the confines of it's narrative. 


I honestly can't say weather I like it or not? while I don't hate it I don't find my self going out of my way to read it but I also find my self wanting to know more about the story i'm reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment